Hej svenska vänner! Looking for advices :)

Jurastik

Medlem
2 dec 2022
Estonia
Hey guys

myself and my adult son are looking for a good place and good company to join to ride in Sweden. We live in Estonia and we're fans of deep snow riding, but our country is flat and snow coverage allows to use cross-country skies only but not Summits :) Local BRP dealer said they sell approximately 1 deep snow sled per year .. ..

Season is coming, will appreciate a lot to get your advices/contacts of people who is organizing deep snow experience in the Northern part of Sweden!

Tack så mycket!

Bohnsack90

Medlem
14 apr 2021
Sverige
Mabye Camp Gauto?

Or try talk to the Sledtrax magazine, thet might know some other places aswell.

Go on instagram and search for
Mynameisjohan
Emilahrling

They might give you some better tips where to go.
Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Jurastik

Jurastik

Medlem
2 dec 2022
Estonia
Good luck
Thanks, buddy! 👍👍👍

Actually we're looking for a good team, fully understand that it is impossible to find friends online - you have to be in the bushes with these people, dricka schnapps and help each other ! :) And we're now again at the starting point ))

But believe that great snowmobile society will support us in Sweden!

drdryyls

Välkänd medlem
28 dec 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Thanks, buddy! 👍👍👍

Actually we're looking for a good team, fully understand that it is impossible to find friends online - you have to be in the bushes with these people, dricka schnapps and help each other ! :) And we're now again at the starting point ))

But believe that great snowmobile society will support us in Sweden!
Join the backcountry of sweden (BCOS) community on Facebook. I’ll guess you have better rate of success of finding ride mates there.

Jurastik

Medlem
2 dec 2022
Estonia
Join the backcountry of sweden (BCOS) community on Facebook. I’ll guess you have better rate of success of finding ride mates there.
Yep, will do on Facebook 👍

However, if someone here is looking for ride mates or cabin tenants - feel free to reach me directly :)

Sneeuwscooter

Välkänd medlem
6 jan 2017
Nederländerna
elcomanagement.nl
Finding riding friends is very difficult. I am in the neighbourhood of Strömsund and looking for backcountry riding friends myself.
Problem is, I am new here (and only here in the winter, because of snowmobiling), I don't know the area well yet and I'm too unexperienced rider to really go off trail on my own (or take others).

I did find a great guide in the area with whom I went riding for a few years, before buying a holiday house here.
Him I'd recommend: Thomas Wärdell, he rides from Big River Camp in Storåbränna.
He knows the area, can find the best spots for your riding level and can help you improve your technique and riding. Just a lot of fun to ride with him!

If it need to be more northern, I've also riden in Arjeplog a few years, with Experience Arjeplog.
Also good and fun, but I do prefer Thomas/Big River Camp.

Jurastik

Medlem
2 dec 2022
Estonia
Finding riding friends is very difficult. I am in the neighbourhood of Strömsund and looking for backcountry riding friends myself.
Problem is, I am new here (and only here in the winter, because of snowmobiling), I don't know the area well yet and I'm too unexperienced rider to really go off trail on my own (or take others).

I did find a great guide in the area with whom I went riding for a few years, before buying a holiday house here.
He knows the area, can find the best spots for your riding level and can help you improve your technique and riding. Just a lot of fun to ride with him!

If it need to be more northern, I've also riden in Arjeplog a few years, with Experience Arjeplog.
Thanks a lot for your valuable advices! 👍
Agree, most of the people have their own riding companies, so it is hard to join, but we don't give up ))

I've been writing to Arjeplog Experience, looking forward for their offer.

Reactions: Sneeuwscooter

Jurastik

Medlem
2 dec 2022
Estonia
Happy New Year!

Can anyone share the snowmobile map of Storåbränna area? Is there many places where it is possible to go beyond the tracks?

Mooseater

Aktiv medlem
3 mar 2009
Hälsingland
The people at Big River Camp know where its allowed to ride offtrail.
There is a protected nature-area there also, "Hotagens naturreservat" where you only are allowed to ride on trails.

Anja Sonstevold

Ny medlem
3 nov 2023
Hålebäcksvägen

iphone 15 skärmskydd
I always suggest Big River Camp