Kängningshämmare Switchback Assault?

Didde

Välkänd medlem
28 sept 2008
Sveg
Hojj.

Ska hämta ut nya åket om nån vecka eller två. Och det jag undrar är, hur är det egentligen med hämmarna på dessa?
På en del låter det nästan som en självklarhet att man plockar bort dom men hur stor skillnad gör dom egentligen?

Vad är för-och nackdelarna med att ha, eller vara utan hämmarna?

Och är det lätt att ta bort dom?

HenkeEdge

Välkänd medlem
18 jan 2006
Sandviken
Tar du bort den så skall du ju ställa dämparna lite hårdare iaf.

Är rätt lätt att tabort dom på alla nyare polaris med Pro-ride chassiet bara att skruva loss, men först kan du ju testa lossa bulten på ena sidan bara och knyta upp plastflärpen för att testa vad du tycker.

Det räcker att lossa ena sidan för att "ta bort" funktionen.

Didde

Välkänd medlem
28 sept 2008
Sveg
Knyta upp plastflärpen? Lossnar det plastdetaljer när man skruvar ur bultarna? Eller hur menar du?

Slarva

Välkänd medlem
25 jan 2008
Nej det sitter en plastbit mellan A-armen och krängningshemmarstaget som går över till andra sidan, om du inte vill knyta och ha dig så är det bara att ta bort plastbiten helt, sitter i 2 bult sammanlagt.
Du kommer se och förstå bara du fått hem maskinen :)

HenkeEdge

Välkänd medlem
18 jan 2006
Sandviken
Nej det sitter en plastbit mellan A-armen och krängningshemmarstaget som går över till andra sidan, om du inte vill knyta och ha dig så är det bara att ta bort plastbiten helt, sitter i 2 bult sammanlagt.
Du kommer se och förstå bara du fått hem maskinen :)
Hehe, ja min förklaring kanske lät väldigt konstig om man inte tittat hur det ser ut någongång.

En bild: http://www.timbersled.com/images/large/19-ts-206-03.jpg

Det jag menade var att man bara tog bort bulten som fäster i undre a-armen på ena sidan. Skall man bort med allt så är det några skruvar in mot buken på bägge sidor, sen är staget rätt lätt att dra ur efter det.

Siralopne

Välkänd medlem
17 nov 2010
Jag tycker det blev marginell skillnad med och utan krängningshämmare utanför leden, däremot upplevde jag den betydligt jobbigare på led.

HenkeEdge

Välkänd medlem
18 jan 2006
Sandviken
1. är plastbiten och 2. är metallstaget som går igenom buken.

Saxar detta som en (Mountainhorse) skrev på Snowest angående "Sway bar" på Pro RMK:

Keep it. On the Pro... definitely.

Here is an adaptation of a post I put up a while back.

Before you may get all riled up… I do believe that you can get good performance from the sleds without a swaybar… but your shocks will need to be re-sprung/valved. I've had a PRO with my dialed in $1500 Fox EVOL-X's on it and I did like it... but that is an expensive shock with a lot of time in the 5 different adjustments those shocks have.

This conversation is for the "Average Joe/Josephine" that does not have upgraded shocks or years of riding experience.

With the PRO Chassis ... With stock shocks...with the sway bar out... for the most part…. you are really not getting the sled "on edge" even though it may feel like it...You are compressing the front shock and flexing the track.

Many people have this misconception…. I Did too (until I worked with Dan Adams on my technique)

When the shock is collapsed, there is little travel remaining to deal with rough terrain or crusty snow. Even more evident on a steep side hill when the body panels are riding deep in the snow and want to push you back down the hill…much less evident on a PRO RMK than the Previous models.... usually resulting in a roll over or requiring that you turn down the hill and going, usually, where you don’t want to go.

Truly getting the sled "on edge" DOES require more effort (to learn) and balance... It takes a practice to get comfortable with it... but the efforts over a few days of riding will, IMO, transform your riding. Once you "get it"... there is not much effort to the tequnique and you don't get tired on long sidehills.

With the proper swaybar OR new shocks that are valved and sprung for no swaybar... the sled will get up on edge well and hold a line without the shock collapsing on a steep sidehill... and kept the travel in the shock to deal with terrain and not get bucked back down the hill...Nor buck you off when doing powder carves in a meadow.

Yes, you can throw it around easier without the swaybar out...BUT... this is a dead-giveaway that you need to work on your riding techniques...In most cases.

I had the same misunderstanding and needed to work on it. This is the key to better riding on a Mountain sled IMO.

Cranking up the preload on the spring or putting more air in the shock is not the answer either as you can get into coil bind or the air-shock does not want to compress fully and gets super stiff… especially in the standard floats. Plus… this throws off the engineered balance of the sled as it increases the ride heigh of the sled... though some people adapt to it.

In the end... it boils down to practice... get into a packed out field and spend the day getting and keeping your sled on edge in left and right turns. Throttle control is important here too. Sometimes, like for me, it took an hour of literally walking next to my sled with it on edge and controlling the throttle, skis and balance of the sled before I could ride it that way.

You should be able to ride on one ski indefinitely, with little effort, once you have perfected the technique.

Didde

Välkänd medlem
28 sept 2008
Sveg
Så det bästa är alltså att lära sej köra med hämmare. Även om det är lättare utan i lös-snö.