Lynx GL 3300 ---> RatLynx

Camorider

Medlem
4 jun 2015
Hello! I'm little fella from Finland. I have been looking your projects and they look awesome so I thought I would share my project here and update it through summer and next season.

Last fall I started to tear down the sled. I made new seat, rear bumper and other little stuff. (Lynx CTRL skis, new suspension mounts etc.)

After couple weeks of driving I realized old motor wasn't strong enough (377) I bought Rotax 583 rave with 40mm carbs. I have to made some mods to the pipe and all new can because anything else won't fit.

After those mods I was satisfied to the results. But not anymore :eyebrows:

I have allready bought new track which is RMK's 163" I know what are you thinking right now. :heh: That motor isn't strong enough for that monster track. But that track was cheapest choice at the time. (250€) I will drive that motor next season and after that I will change the motor to bigger one.

What I'm going to do this summer:

Tunnel extension
2.86 ; 7 tooth drivers
Rev-style front suspension (gonna have problems :nuts: )
New rear suspension with T-motion (self made)
Some kinda desibel killer for can (older one was very, very loud)
New running boards (also self made)
Tra clutch and secondary (old one was polaris')
Smaller gears: Something like 19/45
All ideas are welcome!

Ps. If you have 163" suspension or those sliding rails, send me a message.

Camorider

Medlem
4 jun 2015
I have been working on the chassis. Removed old front "suspension" mounts. New suspension is coming from ATV with little mods.

I had to move a engine mounting bracket. Not a big deal and engine still sits in the same place.

Removed rear cooler and old rear suspension bracket.

Happy mid summer to everyone!

Camorider

Medlem
4 jun 2015
Sorry for lack of updates! I have been busy at school and stuff like that.

I changed old 11 tooth drivers to 7 tooth 2,86 drivers. Now they match up with RMk track. I tried to fit them into the tunnel but results were as I thought.

Drivers didn't fit with the track so I had to make more room to them. :D

Chaincase side

Clutch side

Chaincase will be cut in half. I will not use oil and front cover anymore. These old Lynx's have that weird motorcycle-like chain so it will not wear out. Still I'm going to use some kind of chain lubricant.

Camorider

Medlem
4 jun 2015
Chaincase is now cut. I still have to clean those cuts and change bearings to sealed ones. I will do a metal plate between those two chaincase parts.

This is the sled right now.

As you can see, rear suspension is too short for the 163" track. Suspension is mounted temporarily in old mounting holes but it has to be moved backwards because rails' tips almost hits drivers. After that I can see how much more I have to add lenght to rails.

If you have any ideas or recommentations please let me know.

Lähetetty minun LG-D855 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Camorider

Medlem
4 jun 2015
A lot has been done to the sled.

I got pogo suspension from Yamaha Phazer welded and supports to it. Old tie rods were too short so I made new ones. I also had to cut huge holes into chassis because they go much lower than old ones.

I have tested engine and carburetors in place. Steering post is so damn close with carbs but I think I'm good with it now.

Running boards weren't ready yet so I welded more crosstubes between others to give some safety.

Then I realized that the boards are too long to my eye.

Much better! This is the current situation.

Test drive soon?

öhlman

Välkänd medlem
2 nov 2005
LLA
Had to log in just to comment. I love this kind of project.
Especially the idea of phazer front suspension. But i would look for some kind of newer rear suspension like the 90,s ranger or ranger mountain.
Keep up the good work!

Camorider

Medlem
4 jun 2015
Had to log in just to comment. I love this kind of project.
Especially the idea of phazer front suspension. But i would look for some kind of newer rear suspension like the 90,s ranger or ranger mountain.
Keep up the good work!
Thank you! Nice to hear that someone else is interested in this.

I agree with you that old Lynx's suspension isn't the best one but at least it's good in powder. Heavy as an elephant :D

Some day I will find 163" rails and build arms myself. That would save some weight.