Ski-Doo 2017

enpatte

Välkänd medlem
22 jan 2011
Borgafjäll
"G4 ride report from Revy. Conditions are still incredible with 2-3ft of relatively blower snow. If the hot tub wasn't calling my name I would love to do a very critical and detailed report with several things i have not heard mentioned yet but here is a quick brain dump...

Belts are my arch nemesis. I am thrilled to see one last 200-300 miles and carry 3-4 belts with me at all times because 1-2 rides is a typical life expectancy. Sometime I feel like the belt whisperer because I can hear/feel them calling out as soon as cords start to pull. I pull the belt guard and check deflection and belt wear at least a dozen times a day. During the summer I have nightmares of perfect blue bird days with over the hood pow being ruined by belt explosions. Pretty sure I have PTBED (post traumatic belt explosion disorder) from the early days of the 2012 proclimb. Even my T3 with clutch tower brace and floating secondary chewed belts. As a base line Im 180lbs wet and show no mercy. There is no such thing as "cool to the touch" clutches in my world. Stopping to let things cool off is not practical because my buddy on the Axys will just keep going and then I'm getting sloppy seconds. Wide open pulls don't kill belts...endurance tree riding with on and off throttle, constantly going through full range of shift out/scrubbing, and minimal airflow through/plugged vents gets them every time.

So back to the point: I scrubbed the **** out of both clutches pre-ride w brake cleaner/fine scotch bright pad and ran a used belt off my T3 that was broken in but not abused. Out of fuel in 45 miles, oil light on, break in down to 70%. Not the hardest day of riding ever but sleddy was getting a serious work out and under load. My clutches were hot but they were not as hot as what I would of expected. There was visible belt dust but nothing excessive. Deflection loosened slightly over the day. I ripped the felt of the clutch cover and that was is.

In my opinion if there was a fundamental problem with the CVT on the 850 I would of corded multiple belts under these conditions. This was not the case. Who knows I could go scatter four belts tomorrow. I've heard of two more cases of premature belt ejaculation since this thread started. But my initial impression is that the belt munchers have a tolerance/alignment issue or the factory oil/residue on the clutches has not been cleaned or has compromised the belt.

Other quick brain dump from today...

-I did not see any drop in RPM on sustained pulls 7900-8000 on the $ (when I could see the gauge which was almost never because of the fat angle its mountedat = gets covered in snow immediately) Im not bangin rainbows (aka high marking) this is several pitches of varying grade in fresh snow with avg. 1,000ft of vert.

-Backshift is improved.

-In lighter snow the running boards clear Ok up front but the exhaust side gets packed in more due to the heat from the can causing slush. I can see wetter snow clogging them up more.

Low end to mid range throttle response and power is impressive. Grunt/Torque factor was big and really suites my style/terrain we were in.

Top end doesn't "feel" like more than the 800R but its hard to feel it in the seat of your pants like you do the initial torque/acceleration down low. However, sustained track speed wide open lets you know the 850 is there.

The "centered mass" of the new motor is hard to really feel at first. I noticed it the most on downhill and aggressive carves. When your going from one side to the other you can tell the required rider input is balanced.

The overall feel of the new chassis..dipping nearly inverted pow carves you can really feel the profiled panels and reduced drag. The taper of the tank/knee panel area feels good. "nimble" doesn't really do it justice lets just say in floaty deep snow the ease at which you can execute lines with minimal input was muy bueno. I cringe at the excessive wrong foot forward and both feet on one running board syndrome i see all over the hill. So over played when its not necessary. Perhaps people will stop trying to imitate videos and ride this sled appropriately.

Fuel tank really does fill without being burped.

In break in mode oil consumption is signifiant.

Pull started failed early then worked fine after wards. Too much grease?

Condensation inside the gauge. Low oil and fuel is hard to see no more bright red and orange lights, respectively.

New cooler/tunnel seems to work very well. Passed several overheated sleds and would of expected to be running hot and never got over 4 bars. Obviously I don't have air in the coolant system lol...."

Brogge1

PRO sledder
10 nov 2007
Lofsdalen
Är det äntligen slut på "burpandet" så kommer jag definitivt inte klaga på smågrejjor när den anländer.

Av egen erfarenhet av en kortare provtur på nån km så skulle jag säga att den redan från första gaspådrag känns mer stabil än t3:an. Nu är jag så pass stor och tung att jag aldrig haft något problem att få med mig skotern i sidled och kunde därmed inte känna något direkt skillnad i den centrerade massan, kanske kommer sen som vissa skrivit.

Att motorn inte längre känns som 800 är ju sedan länge konstaterat men för en som inte ens provat en 800 med v-kit var det då natt och dag, och vid omtag kändes det inte längre som att man fick vänta på variatorerna heller.

upplever att jag kommer ljusår längre fram på fotstegen också.

Min inte allt för trovärdiga samlade bedömning av alldeles för kort åktur på en 154 850

Nilsk

Medlem
17 nov 2016
Gällivare
Någon som vet hur långt innan handlarna får veta att det är påväg in maskiner? Läste 10 dagar nånstans men det kan ha varit i USA...

Chris

15 apr 2010
Nol
Någon som vet hur långt innan handlarna får veta att det är påväg in maskiner? Läste 10 dagar nånstans men det kan ha varit i USA...
Ifjol då jag väntade på min Lynx ( iof inte Ski-Doo men iaf BRP) så var det grymt svårt att få till ett exakt leveransdatum. Jag fick vilken vecka ca men inte mera noggrant. Sen fick min handlare ett mail att den hade skickats från Rovaniemi. MEn efter det krävdes en massa samtal till olika transportfirmor innan vi kunde få reda på den exakta rutten skotern skulle ta och när den skulle lossas hos min handlare. När vi väl fick tag i rätt chaufför så var han ca 3h från min handlare.

Så BRP tycks inte ha något bra leveranssystem där man exakt kan följa leveranser av vissa maskiner

enpatte

Välkänd medlem
22 jan 2011
Borgafjäll
"165X x 3- First ride impression is; I love it top to bottom! Coming off a 2010 hillclimb that was heavily modded; 872, tmo, post fwd, boards, DJ kit, vents etc etc
Right off the bat for anyone coming from a carb version you will notice next to nothing for thumb fatigue compared to an XP :)
Awesome boards next to nothing for snow/ice build up, and they haven't bent (yet lol, 6'1" 220lbs) and I like to jump side to side
acceleration is fantastic! following on a trail cruising at 5200 rpm then hammer the flipper and bang 8100, no middle, just snap your fingers, that's how fast it spools. Power seems very similar to my 872 which was awesome, although faster spooling for sure which will make any boondockers dream since it's instant power with all that extra torque.
So nimble it made me giggle, for example 10 sleds were parked (all 4 kinds), half of them stuck trying to negotiate a tight downhill turn dead end and I was one of the last to join the road block. People were working in groups getting each other unstuck and dragging sleds around, it took all of 5 sec to negotiate laying over my 850 between them to chop a nut and I was gone hehe, I stopped and looked back and they were all just staring at me! First thing I heard was I wish my Viper wasn't so heavy lol. It really is so easy to lay over and sidehill it's ridiculous compared to my extra wide front end I was used to. I even fell off on a hill climb approx 45deg angle when I ran over a small tree but instead of turning out I just backed up two feet and kept on climbing- very cool.
Track hooks up great, and lugs are holding up good, hit 70mph over bad whoops and creek crossing's without issue. I was always worried about this before with the 30mph warning that camoplast gives out for their 3" that I had on my xp. The whoops felt very smooth on suspension setting #3, which is saying alot considering I had HD springs in my XP plus I had to put on setting #5 (stiffest) to keep from bottoming out when on the hammer. (WOT)
sidehilling was always tricky to maintain before, now I can literally do it without even thinking, it holds it edge so well I went looking for nasty lines between trees on steep hills that would of made me think twice before but not now, I just laugh, what can't this sled doo? I had to keep telling myself this is only the first ride, and it felt like I
33 miles in deep pow for half a tank, and I was not going for mileage, more like smile-age! :) 40m/tank is all i would get on a whole tank before, and I still have 85% break in to go - I luv it!
Dislikes;
very small display that has needs to be 3x the size with a bright back light so you could actually read it moving or with a little snow on it.
no toe holds, definitely have to pick up a set, when hammering through the whoops I missed them dearly!
Not stock but I recomend;
loved the flexible mount knuckle busters, I think they are by the best style I seen/tried yet, I have broken them all
new cover, no kneeling for clips, fits tight, easy on and easy off :)"

enpatte

Välkänd medlem
22 jan 2011
Borgafjäll
Detta hinner nog inte beröra oss i Sverige eftersom vi får våra så sent,men tydligen har de skickat ut några maskiner i början som inte var luftade riktigt.

JAAG

Välkänd medlem
1 jan 2000
Malå/Adak
Detta hinner nog inte beröra oss i Sverige eftersom vi får våra så sent,men tydligen har de skickat ut några maskiner i början som inte var luftade riktigt.
Tvivlar på att dom gör några ändringar på linan sen väl produktionen startat, så troligen berör detta maskiner här också. Och maskinerna som ska hit tillverkades väl samtidigt som dom over there, dom har bara tagit längre tid på sej att komma fram till kunderna.

Gbr

Välkänd medlem
11 aug 2004
Örnsköldsvik
Tvivlar på att dom gör några ändringar på linan sen väl produktionen startat, så troligen berör detta maskiner här också. Och maskinerna som ska hit tillverkades väl samtidigt som dom over there, dom har bara tagit längre tid på sej att komma fram till kunderna.
det åtgärdas hos åf på leveransservicen

enpatte

Välkänd medlem
22 jan 2011
Borgafjäll
Den tuffa sanningen är att USA/CAN började få sina maskiner ca 70 dagar före vi skall börja få våra, Skandinavien är helt enkelt nedprioriterat.
För du hinner skicka en container över Atlanten 2ggr och lite till på 70 dagar.

JAAG

Välkänd medlem
1 jan 2000
Malå/Adak
Den tuffa sanningen är att USA/CAN började få sina maskiner ca 70 dagar före vi skall börja få våra, Skandinavien är helt enkelt nedprioriterat.
För du hinner skicka en container över Atlanten 2ggr och lite till på 70 dagar.
Jo så är det, men maskinerna tillverkades samtidigt, får man anta. Dom har bara blivit stående någonstans för att invänta BRP Scandinavias bokade transport.

Davajn

Välkänd medlem
19 dec 2012
Skellefteå
www.instagram.com
Ska bli intressant å pröva denna maskin i vinter. Men jag ställer mig ypperst tveksam till många lösningar. Dock är jag inte sämre än så att jag kan överbevisas :)

Fast dessa fransktalande ingenjörer måste nog ta å sluta sippa på vinflaskorna å käkar baguetter när dom designar saker. Hur fasiken kan dom tycka det är "supereasy" att ta lös huven på 850in när dom t.om måste släppa ett youtubeklipp/guide för folk klagar att dom ej förstår?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tkb6UvzUMA

Är verkligen som natt å dag å ta lös huven på Axys och 850in. Fast man kanske slipper ta lös den så ofta å andra sidan? ;)

Busjön-Pol

Välkänd medlem
20 sept 2013
Lycksele
Ska bli intressant å pröva denna maskin i vinter. Men jag ställer mig ypperst tveksam till många lösningar. Dock är jag inte sämre än så att jag kan överbevisas :)

Fast dessa fransktalande ingenjörer måste nog ta å sluta sippa på vinflaskorna å käkar baguetter när dom designar saker. Hur fasiken kan dom tycka det är "supereasy" att ta lös huven på 850in när dom t.om måste släppa ett youtubeklipp/guide för folk klagar att dom ej förstår?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tkb6UvzUMA

Är verkligen som natt å dag å ta lös huven på Axys och 850in. Fast man kanske slipper ta lös den så ofta å andra sidan? ;)
Haha inte kunde han räkna heller, "bara" 6st om man räknar bort alla andra skruvar man måste ta lös innan man kommer åt.

Bara en månad kvar då innan dom börjar komma?

Jag menar inte att dissa, no offence!

Men är jävulst sugen på att prova en, hande inte tid i våras.

JAAG

Välkänd medlem
1 jan 2000
Malå/Adak
Inte var det så farligt. Bättre än på gamla XS,XM enligt mig.
Nja, 4 skruvar, kabeln på inluftsensorn samt vrida isär insugsöret bakom variatorn, en slang på styrboxen och Kablarna baki mätarhuset, gjort på minuten på en XM. Så nog tycker jag det såg besvärligare ut på den där??!!??