Arctic Cat 2012

e34matte

Välkänd medlem
21 jan 2009
Luleå
Ingen som hört nåt nytt om 12orna? Jag var o kikade på dem i gällivare när de hade visning, ser bra och lovande ut. Glappet i styrstången kan jag inte tänka mig att det kommer att vara på de färdiga modellerna. På 1100 turbo tyckte jag den gummislangen i fronten såg ganska utsatt ut.. Plasten i överlag kändes ganska mjuk, men tror den är av den segare varianten? Vad tycker ni som sett å känt på dem?

krilleprupp

Välkänd medlem
7 mar 2011
Tydligen bekräftat nu att high contryn kommer ändras till proclimb, bra eller dåligt? Vet inte vad jag ska tycka, hoppas den funkar bra på leden ändå.

gulingen

Välkänd medlem
7 nov 2004
Vad är skillnaden mellan Proclimb och Procross om man inte ser till det visuella?

egodeus

Välkänd medlem
8 jan 2010
Tydligen bekräftat nu att high contryn kommer ändras till proclimb, bra eller dåligt? Vet inte vad jag ska tycka, hoppas den funkar bra på leden ändå.
Måste få fråga... Vad menar du med ovanstående? Har inte sett något skrivas om detta någonstans, så förtydliga gärna exakt vad du menar :)

krilleprupp

Välkänd medlem
7 mar 2011
Måste få fråga... Vad menar du med ovanstående? Har inte sett något skrivas om detta någonstans, så förtydliga gärna exakt vad du menar :)

Det är bara att kika på de flesta forumen i USA efter 50-års firandet då folk har varit på fabriken och fått infon av sina guider.
Det jag menar är alltså att high countryn kommer inte att ha procross tunneln och om det också innebär annan boggie osv. vet nog ingen säkert förutom Cat själva men enligt folk på forumen så är det endast tunneln.
Sen vet väl heller ingen om den kommer hit till Sverige som proclimb eller procross som det va tänkt.

Last edited:

gulingen

Välkänd medlem
7 nov 2004
Nån som vet om A-C ställer ut -12:eek:rna på Nolia som börjar till helgen?
Ja jag var in på Oktan i Östersund idag för att kika på dem men dom var tydligen skickade till just Nolia. En HCR 800 och en XF1100 bla.

egodeus

Välkänd medlem
8 jan 2010
Ni som beställt 1100 turbo-modeller. Har ni funderat och sökt information om vertikalt styre? Jag kommer nog att konvertera så snabbt som det går. Rykten säger att Arctic kommer med en eget kit. Om inte så lär eftermarknaden komma med en.

Läste en review av en kille från SnoWest och han verkar också starkt föredra vertikalt styre. Jag har haft en CF 2010 och älskade teleskop-styret, så.

While I'm a little Cat biased, I also started on Polaris and I am giving honest feedback here.

Very impressed with this sled. Can't wait to get my 2012 153 Sno Pro M800.

I rode the following models

M1100 Turbo LE
M1100 Turbo converted to vertical steering
M800 Sno Pro 162
M800 Sno Pro 153
XF8 High Country
M1100 153

Keep in mind this is my opinion and I have never ridden a Nytro or XP. I have ridden an RX1, Apex, Revs, Pro RMK 155 and 163, Dragons, numerous different Ms (i had an 06 M7 162, 09 M8 162, and currently ride an 11 M8 153).

What I really liked:

All the 800s were more flickable, easier to sidehill and layover then my current M8. Also, with way less plastic dragging, this chassis whips around a lot easier. As in downhill u turns and transitions from sidehill to uphill are quicker and easier then the current M chassis. The 800 in the new chassis seems to run and pull harder then an 11 M8. We two 11 M8s along for the ride. The Pro Climb pulled 8200 RPM at 8000 ft with 70 gr weights in it. .

This sled feels narrower and shorter. I really like the way it goes through the snow. I had no problems sidehilling or doing downhill pow turns on this chassis. Didn't see any problem with the spindles myself (this was concern I had). I sidehilled about the steepest slope I feel comfortable on and the sled handled it like a champ. Perhaps even easier then my 11 M8. The sled is very easy to downhill U turns on. I did some downhill pow turns and I felt very comfortable on the sled very quickly.

The suspension works exponentially better in the rough terrain then my M8. As in the sled eats the moguls up and is a lot easier to control on its side through trenches and bumps. IMO, the M chassis and maybe my riding ability is weakest at traversing rough terrain. I felt more in control through trenches and bumps with the sled on its side vs the previous M chassis. The trail ride through the moguls is no comparison vs an 11 M8. I felt like I could go twice as fast on the Pro Climb through the same bumps I went through on the 11.

M1100 turbo motor runs very hard. I would say similar to a pump gas turbo M8 at around 7 lbs. I saw track speeds in the mid 50s. I really like the motor. Very, very responsive. Feels just about as snappy as the 800 two stroke. Definitely more responsive then the M1000. The motor is very torquey down low like an M1000 but quickly transitions to boost and pulling like a freight train. I really couldn't feel any lag. Maybe because it has way more low end torque then an M8, but low end response and power blows an M8 turbo out of the water.

With the vertical steering I felt very comfortable on turbo. Handling wise it felt somewhere in between my M8 and an M1000. Power wise it would destroy either.

I would rather ride the turbo in the trees then an M1000 as I thought it was easier to toss around then M1000 and had way more power with better throttle response. I am looking forward to more seat time on this sled, as I might switch to 4 stroke eventually. Or maybe I just a two stroke and four stroke???

I also like the XF high country a lot. Worked very well. Even with the wider front end and a sway bar I still thought it was more nimble then my M8. Blows an old HCR away in the handling department (they have the same width front end). Definitely a fun sled to ride. 141 Powerclaw seemed to climb and sidehill well.

They also fixed the steering effort. It was crazy easy in comparison to the 11s. Quite a bit lighter then my 11 M8 with 07 spindles even.

What I didn't like:

Laydown steering!!!!!! I was horribly uncomfortable and simply could not ride the sleds with the laydown steering. The difference is night and day with vertical steering. Maybe because I have never ridden another sled with it or maybe cause the bars were a little low for my (I'm 6'3"), but either way I hated it.

M1100 without a turbo feels like a fan cooled 2 stroke.

No more seat storage

Still don't think the skis are aggressive enough. Can't wait to try my powder pros on my 2012.

Didn't have an M800 HCR to try. I wanted to see what the EVOLs were like.

I rode these sled in anything from about 6" on top concrete to 18" of heavier snow on top of a crusty base.

As far as comparisions to other sleds

The chassis is a lot like the Pro IMO. It has the stiffer more responsive feel of the PRO. And like the PRO, I was completely comfortable riding it right away. And could go back and forth to the old M chassis. Just like I can with the PRO.

I would disagree with it not feeling anything like the old M chassis. Similar feel, just takes less effort to make it do what you want it to vs the old chassis.

The Cat 4 stroke has no compression braking feel. You can braap it and crack the throttle just like a two stroke only you get the wastegate noise (which I like a lot). There is no lurching forward when you let off the throttle like the RX1.

I am fairly certain Cat will have an accessory kit to convert the 4 stroke to the vertical steering. If not, I'm sure the aftermarket will. This would be absolutely mandatory for me. And anyone that is riding the M1000 now shouldn't have problem with the M1100 turbo unless its too much power for you.

Maybe you Nytro/XP guys would like the laydown steering but I sure don't. Unfortunatly I have not ridden either sled to compare with the new Cat.

Anyone that is on an M chassis or PRO or Dragon will feel at home on the new M800 IMO. I would even think twice about going to the Pro Climb.

I hope this helps you guys.
Nyare rykten
2) The vertical steering is likely going to be available in December/Early Winter. They had an issue with a bearing on the assembly, and that apparently delayed them a bit. I say december since when I asked him if I should expect it in Janurary he said hopefully earlier than that.

3) I asked him a bit about the price range, he was very unsure, but he did say hopefully a few hundred or so. I'm guessing that means it will be less than $400.

4) The vertical steering kit will come with a new steering post. It will reuse your handlebars.

Last edited:

egodeus

Välkänd medlem
8 jan 2010
Exempelbild från anda sidan pölen :)

Finns fler bilder på HCS och SnoWest.
DSC01310.jpg

Last edited:

thullen

Välkänd medlem
1 jan 2000
Leksand
thullen.se
Härligt.
Jo de bör ju komma till skoternsdag å den är väl i slutet av oktober har ja för mig.
Man är ju sugen men det får dröja ett tag till innan jag behöver hämta den.